VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by markbradley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Guys,

This is a really dumb question, but how do I use the force a pixel shader to start? If I just use PixelShader=CRT-geom-curved.fx in the conf file with this particular game (Future Classics Collection), nothing happens. However if I manually enable the pixelshader from the Dosbox Daum menu, the pixel shader works. I am using hardware5x for the scaler.

Actually I haven't any game to work right with pixel shaders via conf file, unless I manually apply the pixelshader via the DosBox Daum menu. I am running build 2013/07/25.

Reply 1 of 3, by markbradley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Also I need to add that I am doing this through D-fend Reloaded which I don't think supports ykhwong's additional features like the Direct3d output and pixelshaders. I've worked around the direct 3d issue by manually editing all of the conf files for each game in D-fend Reloaded's confs folder. This worked fine with direct3d output, but it hasn't been working with activating the pixelshader even though the pixelshader parameter is in the conf file of each game profile. Does anyone have any tips on what I might be missing, and if there's any way to do this via the D-fend reloaded application rather than having to manually edit the .conf files?

Reply 2 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had a similar problem with DBGL. I think i had to copy the whole shaders folder into the dosroot folder (which is where DBGL would store all dos games in as a regular mounting point)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 3 of 3, by markbradley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

I had a similar problem with DBGL. I think i had to copy the whole shaders folder into the dosroot folder (which is where DBGL would store all dos games in as a regular mounting point)

So you moved all the shader files into the root folder of dosbox? Also what is the parameter to "force" a shader on? Do you happen to know it? I appreciate the assistance that you have given so far.