VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sandstrom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i tried to make a new directory using mkdir but again:

unable to make .....

I only want to play on my mac Another World.....Flashback and others great dos game....what can I do?!?!?

Reply 1 of 7, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Sandstrom wrote:

i tried to make a new directory using mkdir but again:

unable to make .....

I only want to play on my mac Another World.....Flashback and others great dos game....what can I do?!?!?

Moved to where this should be.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 4 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

abandonware is NOT freeware

We have no idea where to find it and if we have an idea we can't tell you.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 6 of 7, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't think you understand the term "freeware".

Def. freeware - n - Copyrighted software available for downloading without charge; unlimited personal usage is permitted, but you cannot do anything else without express permission of the author. Contrast to shareware; copyrighted software which requires you to register and pay a small fee to the author if you decide to continue using a program you download.
http://www.google.com/search?q=define:freeware

Wing Commander 2 and Wing Commander Saga are not freeware. They are copyrighted software, still copyrighted by the owners of the copyright. As far as I know, Electronic Arts acquired the rights to the copyright when Origin Systems was purchased. Despite EA announcing that Origin will be closing for good, it is still copyrighted by EA. Unless EA says so, you are not allowed legally, by any country in Europe or North America, to offer these games for free to download - or to download them. This includes Italy. 🤣

Just because a game is no longer sold doesn't mean that the copyright has expired. Anyone who says that all games available on abandonware sites are legal downloads is lying. Even if you have a license to run the game but lost the disc, you don't legally have the right to download a backup copy. Even websites like Home Of The Underdogs (http://www.the-underdogs.org) don't verify their games - they only remove their listed games from downloading if a company threatens them with lawsuits - and sometimes not even then.

Sorry if you're not happy hearing this, but VOGONS will not support you in your software piracy. As the disclaimer says, this site hosts no abandonware. There is no material that is knowingly illegal here.

😉

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto