VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by magne_

User metadata

Need keyb. how to set the keybord language in DOS-BOX ?

need norwegian to an "Touch program"

Reply 1 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't understand you fully but i think you can't. DOSBox support standard english keyboard layout. I've heard some people some released non-official versions for german and Spanish keyboard layouts, but i am not sure.

Reply 3 of 4, by Parazythum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

nope. mode command only helps for the ASCII characters used, not the keyboard.

The right command for changing the keyboard layout is KEYB <country-code>

Tell me if I'm wrong, but dosbox don't emulate one particular version of DOS ? It seems to me to emulate some (not all) DOS commands and the hardware... So I don't see how to use a keyb command. I tried some KEYB versions already, but each time I had a "incorrect version" message.

(some minutes later)
I have browsed this forum and the subject was discussed several times. Try the "search" thing, it would lead to for example Suggestions: Detect optimal cycles automaticly + KEYB

Parazythum,
the Big Bad Bug

Reply 4 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

@Parazythum: I think it all depends on how you define MS-DOS. Is it just the core operating system that is DOS and the rest (KEYB.COM, MODE.COM, EDIT.COM, TREE.COM) are just utilities on top of DOS, or is DOS the core + all the standard MS DOS utilities.
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions