VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DML1001

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any way to basically reassign keys to other functions in dosbox? For example, blake stone does not have strafe left or right keys, but it does have turn left and a strafe key that you have to hold down. Since i'm used to using w/a/s/d for FPS games, i'd like to be able to tell dosbox whenever i press the A key to tell the game i just pressed (ALT + Left arrow) so that the game will strafe left.

Is this possible in version .61? If not, are there any plans to add this functionality in later versions?

Thanks,
DML1001

Reply 2 of 3, by guest

User metadata

Qbix, are these plans only for "multiple keys to one" as DML1001's problem, or is it also just remapping basic keys.. since someone out there thought a good keyboard layout for games is q/a for forward/backward and o/p for left and right... and face it, my motrical skills are not for the challange of controlling a game using q,a,o,p,space...
😀

Reply 3 of 3, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There are plans to allow complete user defined keyboard remapping. But it is not certain whether/when this will be implemented (originally it was planned for 0.60 - it looks that some problems appeared).

Mirek