VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by toolrd3

User metadata

i have been trying for months to get dosbox for windows to download i dont know what it is that i am doing wrong but it wont work can someone please help PLEASE?!?!?!

Reply 1 of 3, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
toolrd3 wrote:

i have been trying for months to get dosbox for windows to download i dont know what it is that i am doing wrong but it wont work can someone please help PLEASE?!?!?!

It would help considerably if you were more accurate in describing the exact nature of your problems. Truely you cannot expect us to tell you what you are doing wrong, if you don't tell us what you are doing in the first place.

However, if you follow these steps, you should not have any problem downloading DOSBox.

1) Go to http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dosbox/DOS … er.exe?download
2) Select the site you want to download from. Click the "binary file" symbol (binary.gif) to start downloading (a new page opens).
3) If downloading does not start (it may take a while), click the link on top of the page, or do a "Save As" on the link. The link I'm talking about is in between the lines "Your download should begin shortly. If it does not, try" and "or choose a different mirror".

If you still do not succeed in downloading, or you do not understand the above instructions, DOSBox is probably too difficult a program for you to use anyway.

JAL

Reply 2 of 3, by toolrd3

User metadata

every time i try to download the file the file download window never appears and the original sources screen just turns grey like a broken link or something. i have tried every mirror even the ones in asia and europe. perhaps the 'save target as' will work i will let you know if i am playin my king's quest again thanx