VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi, I'm new to this program, using version 0.61.
I tried to mount my cdrom-station but it didn't work.
I'm using win98se, tried the -usecd option, the -aspi , -label.

I tried to mount my f: (cdburner) g: (regular cdrom) and h: (daemon-tools). I get a message like 'MSCDEX installed' or 'MSCDEX mounted subdirectory limited support' depending on the use of the -usecd option, and I can go to the virtual drive I mounted to, but when I type 'dir' I get nothing.

Is there anything I can try to change this? It's not that important; most games I can copy to my hdd, but mortal kombat 2 does complain when it hasn't got a cd...
I might try this in winxp and linux to on the same machine.

Reply 3 of 4, by Markus

User metadata

Well, I don't know, what you are actually doing, but you shouldn't mix usecd, aspi and ioctl, only use one of them.
Since you've tried -aspi, I assume you're using scsi-drives; perhaps you have to update your aspi-layer:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/supp … odkey=ASPI-4.70

To see, if it's working at all, you should mount a cd with:
mount d g:\ -t cdrom
If you don't happen to see your files with dir then, there's something wrong with your system.

Reply 4 of 4, by usernox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, it works. The problem is that I have an azerty keyboard: I need AltGr to type "\". I typed "/" instead, and apparently it doesn't work all the time.
I discovered because I couldn't mount a directory from my hdd today, which was ok yesterday. The weird thing is, that if you try it on a dir, you get the message that the dir doesn't exist, while when using it on a drive (hdd or cdrom) you don' get an error message, but then the dirview is empty. So I just made a batchfile that mounts my cdrom using -c "mount d f:\ -t cdrom".