VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by basti007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I now tested DOSBOX a lot with emulating directories on my harddisc as CD-ROM so that i can play the games without the CD. Works fine on some games, however doesn't work on some others.

All of these games need the right cd label so that it can find the cd-rom. Okay, so i mounted the "CD-ROM drive" with the -label parameter. However, this never did the trick so far. It's probably something different or more complex, however, i don't think so.

For example, some games (like "Dame was loaded") suddendly work as soon as i leave out the -t parameter. Then suddendly the game tells me that it found the CD with the right label.

Sometimes I think, that the -label command doesn't work when mounting CD-ROMS with the -t command. Is this possible? Is there a way to find out the current label of a drive?

Reply 8 of 10, by basti007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I will probably install some older DR-DOS or FreeDOS Commands from my disks - they don't check if the right DOS version is installed, so i probably am able to use some of that stuff there. would be interessting...