VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried to start DosBox as I normally would to run Wolfenstein 3D or another game, and when the second box appears, it never progresses to the command prompt, and simply crashes with the usual white box that prompts the user to close the program or report to Microsoft.

Tech Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: 12
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong forum; any assistance with this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Dosbox Error.png
    Filename
    Dosbox Error.png
    File size
    119.1 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Don't apologize for posting in the wrong forum when you can't be bothered to scroll down to see the proper Dosbox forum ;(
I'm moving it to the Dosbox forum.

Please change the output setting of Dosbox first and see if that helps.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 7, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK, I tried what you have recommended, and it still crashes on startup. I have even tried playing the GOG DOS games that I have purchased, and all of them do the exact same thing, and simply do not start. I can go ahead, and post my DxDiag to see if anything is wrong. I am unsure if the recent driver software update to my GeForce GTX 960 graphics card is the cause, but any assistance on this matter is appreciated. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Attachments

• Filename
    DxDiag.txt
    File size
    70.48 KiB
    Downloads
    70 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 7, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is happening to me to, only happen with the "new" xbox one controller, with my older xbox 360 controller attached it worked just fine.
But just disconnect the joystick and it shoul start fine.

I already tried to change joystick=none but it didn't work.

Reply 6 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I wonder if that is working correctly with the up to date development code of SDL 1.2x

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 7, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dominus wrote:

I wonder if that is working correctly with the up to date development code of SDL 1.2x

Good news! I just updated Windows 10, and the controller is working perfectly in DosBox again; apparently, I had a bad patch before that I was able to fix up just now. Thank you Dominus, and the rest of you for the advice, if I have any other inquiries, I will let you know. Have a nice weekend!