VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by guncrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't seem to get the settings right, I'd like to play in the games correct resolution as I will be recording my gamerplay. I have both fullscreen and windowscreen set to original and am using ddraw for my output. The window is much to small in both fullscreen and windowed, I also have aspect set to true. What do you suggest I do?

Reply 3 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you are using the builtin capture it will be the original resolution of 320x200. You will have to resize after the fact or use a 3rd party capture utility.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 6, by Asterisk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

If you are using the builtin capture it will be the original resolution of 320x200. You will have to resize after the fact or use a 3rd party capture utility.

The best solution is to use VirtualDub or FFMpeg to upscale the 320x200 to 1600x1200 using a point/nearest-neighbor scaler, then downscale again to your intended resolution using an interpolative scaler.

For Sierra games, IIRC, the actual framerate of the animation is locked to 10 FPS, so you should set DOSBox to use a forced rate of 10 Hz to optimize the captured video, or else apply a filter to drop six frames out of every seven (assuming that you've left the default 70 Hz in place).