VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Is there any way to control the mouse speed in DOSBox? With some games, the mouse moves too quickly for my liking; namely Wing Commander 2.

Reply 1 of 8, by MabusRaeen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

there's an option in the dosbox.conf called 'sensitivity' enter a number between 0 and 100 to change the mouse sensitivity.

Author of D-Fend, a DOSBox frontend.

D-Fend homepage.
http://members.home.nl/mabus

Reply 2 of 8, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That number can be in fact higher, I sometimes use 500. But the highest limit remains mystery to me. BTW: The slider in D-Fend now supports just 100, but higher numbers work, if they are put into the edit box.

Reply 4 of 8, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For me personally, it is not much important, I usually use the edit box. But maybe would be better (especially for users, who don't know that the value could be also higher than the config's default) if the slider reflected that feature of DOSBox. It is the important feature, I need more often to increase that value above 100 than decrease it. But as I said, I do not know, what is the limit, 500 on the slider (with possibility to insert even higher value to the edit box) could be reasonable. But it is also important what other users think/need.

Reply 5 of 8, by Guest

User metadata

Yeah what ever the maximum limit is, it's a mystery.

I seldom use a value above 100 though, it might be that windows mouse speed comes into play as well.

Besides, a scrollbar that has values between 1 and 1000 is impossible to use unless you move by a factor of 10 or 20.

I have an idea though. I'll leave the scrollbar for values between 0 and 100 and change the edit field for a dropdown menu.

With this dropdown menu you can

1. Select a value based on the slider
2. Select a value from within the dropdown menu. Values will be editable of course.

That might work....

Reply 6 of 8, by MabusRaeen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oops... forgot to log in... the previous post is mine...

Anonymous wrote:
Yeah what ever the maximum limit is, it's a mystery. […]
Show full quote

Yeah what ever the maximum limit is, it's a mystery.

I seldom use a value above 100 though, it might be that windows mouse speed comes into play as well.

Besides, a scrollbar that has values between 1 and 1000 is impossible to use unless you move by a factor of 10 or 20.

I have an idea though. I'll leave the scrollbar for values between 0 and 100 and change the edit field for a dropdown menu.

With this dropdown menu you can

1. Select a value based on the slider
2. Select a value from within the dropdown menu. Values will be editable of course.

That might work....

BTW Jiri, have you tried the latest version?

Author of D-Fend, a DOSBox frontend.

D-Fend homepage.
http://members.home.nl/mabus

Reply 7 of 8, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MabusRaeen wrote:

...a scrollbar that has values between 1 and 1000 is impossible to use unless you move by a factor of 10 or 20.

Yes, and not many people would probably use values as high as 1000 anyway.

MabusRaeen wrote:

Seems to me like a good idea.

MabusRaeen wrote:

BTW Jiri, have you tried the latest version?

Yes, the new template management is a great improvement. The custom sets is also a very good thing for CVS's users. 😀