VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm a little confused as to how this works. On my laptop, I have D-Fend Reloaded with a lot of games and their respective DosBox conf settings that I've tweaked. I want to export EVERYTHING - not just the games but also their associated DosBox conf files and any screenshots I've taken. How do I do this?

Also, is D-Fend Reloaded still a good choice or is there a better option out there at this point? I D-Fend Reloaded because it can launch either DosBox or ScummVM and also because it's easy to set conf files for each game independently. Anything else out there I should try?

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I see you asked this same question four years ago.
Re: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Also, is D-Fend Reloaded still a good choice or is there a better option out there at this point?

Setting everything up manually isn't nearly as difficult as it sounds, I think. Plus, that was there is no mystery as to how everything works.

Reply 2 of 4, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
I see you asked this same question four years ago. Re: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend) […]
Show full quote

I see you asked this same question four years ago.
Re: D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Also, is D-Fend Reloaded still a good choice or is there a better option out there at this point?

Setting everything up manually isn't nearly as difficult as it sounds, I think. Plus, that was there is no mystery as to how everything works.

I guess I should check my post history more often. I'm here infrequently and I forget that I may have asked the same question before. I think I also like the dialogue in general.

What about the latter part of my question -- is DFR still a good option today or should I consider something else that fulfills similar functions?

Reply 3 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
lukeman3000 wrote:

is DFR still a good option today or should I consider something else that fulfills similar functions?

Like I said – setting things up manually is a reasonable option. You can make your own .conf files and set up standard Windows shortcuts, for instance.

If you're just looking for a different frontend, then D-Fend Reloaded still seems to be the most popular. Some people mention Retroarch, but I think it uses its own DOSBox build; that is not really an option if you are using special features from SVN builds.