VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by AOE27

User metadata

I want to be able to run and play Aces over Europe, I have AEO on my computer and I also have dosbox as well. How on earth do i get dosbox to run AEO? how do i set it up? Please help this computer eliterate guy out.

Thanks!

Reply 2 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There must be some sort of executable to starting it, e.g, play.exe, run.bat, etc... Have you ever used ms-dos? do a dir command. 😁

If you are having that kind of problems, you should try a frontend.

Reply 3 of 7, by MMoudry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

eg. write into the console :

dir /p (press enter)

your line should look like this:
C:\SIERRA\ACES\AOE>dir /p

Look in the list that will show up for some file with the extention .exe or .bat or .com, if you don't find it in the list press *space* for the next list. When you find it just keep pressing space until you have the :

C:\SIERRA\ACES\AOE>

again and type in the name of the file and press enter. The line will look like this :
C:\SIERRA\ACES\AOE>yourfilename.exe

Hope this helps

Mipam Moudry
Software Architect
Lausanne, Switzerland

Reply 5 of 7, by Guest

User metadata
Anonymous wrote:

I also cannot get AOE to work. There is a gcd.com file however whenever I run it I get "

Sorry, once again, whenever I run it, I get "the temporary file area specified does not exist or is not writeable"

Whenever I change the property of the files so that it is not read only, it changes back write after I click apply.

Reply 6 of 7, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use a frontend, it's very more easy to use DosBox then!

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !