VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Certain games, like 'Dune 2' and 'Eye of the Beholder II' are creating very slow mouse speeds. I'm running DOSBox 0.61 with D-Fend. I've tried editing thier profiles and setting the mouse speed to 100%, but this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

My xp mouse speed is almost maxxed out, so changing that doesn't help much either.

Is there a way to further adjust the mouse pointer speed within DOSBox 0.61?

Reply 2 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

Setting the sensititviy in dosbox.conf worked, but only if I run the game from the DOSBox DOS prompt. Unfortunately it seems as if D-Fend has a hardcoded sensitivity range of 0-100.

I like using D-Fend because it's very cumbersome having to mount c:\ and manually load the game etc.

Is there a fix for D-Fend, or maybe another front-end that doesn't have this limitation?

Reply 4 of 10, by THE_WUQKED

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You could also just edit your autoexec.bat in the config-file to mount your c drive automatically etc. And if the settings defer from game to game just make several diff conf files - including starting the game and ending dosbox afterwards. That's what I do. This way I don't need another tool and can just double click on the game icon to start it.
But if that's too much work for you, try out boxer, like Qbix said.

Reply 5 of 10, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend has an automatic override system called Custom Sets. That's how I was able to readd fullfixed (missing) and switched fullwidth/fullheight (accidently reversed numbers when set) in the latest D-Fend version.

1) Go in D-Fend.
2) Rightclick on the game and select Settings from the menu.
3) Click the Custom Sets tab

4) Type this for sensitivity:

[sdl]
sensitivity=500

That should fix your problem without having to drop D-Fend.
I like D-Fend because he pratically thinks of a way to cover problems in his program without making it difficult to fix them.
He already knows about the fullfixed problem. I didn't realize sensitivity= was missing so I suppose I should mention this as well. 🤣

I guess I kept missing sensitivity option myself cause that would fix the low sensitivity of the mouse in Star Trek: Final Unity (would actually make it playable some) Heh, good thing this thread popped up or I'd completely be at loss. Lol.

Note: Read his Help file is actually a MANUAL. It will help. I didn't read it and if I did I wouldn't have needed to ask him about "What is Custom Sets?" 🤣.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 7 of 10, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, another dude posted earlier to his Guestbook about it. He also fixed his accidently switching fullwidth and fullheight output. Lol that was a bad one at least for me since I need it for Fullfixed which was missing 😉 and 🤣. haha..

Yeah I found a bit number of bugs. I didn't notice Senstivity until someone mentioned it because I never used it. Now that I know about it. I will use it more frequently. It helps A LOT when trying to play Star Trek: Final Unity. 😀

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 8 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

You really NEED a life Iere. 😉. Yeah I fixed a number of bugs with this version. Probably introduced a few new ones as well.

I'm quite interested what will happen translation wise. Exporting/Importing never took off even though it has GREAT potential.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Reply 9 of 10, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haha, I do have a life. I work 10 hour days everyday. 😜. 😁. Now if only I had a brain 😁. Anyways, Mabus 😉 Thanks for all your great work on it.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.