VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi, I downloaded and installed Dosbox today. The sound in my games are not working. I believe it might related to DosBox giving out this error message at startup.

CONFIG: Using default settings. Create a configfile to change them
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
ALSA:Can't open sequencer
MIDI:Opened device:none
MODEM:Can't open listen port:Couldn't bind to local port

Please can someone help me in solving these issuses?

Reply 2 of 4, by Iron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So you are using linux and alsa drivers? Do they work with everything else? Tell your machine specs and stuff then someone might be able to help you. You should also create a config file and edit the settings to suit you.

I'm having slight doubt though that maybe you dont have a linux, since usually linux people know how to handle these problems. So make sure you have the right build or if you compiled yourself check that you chose the right settings.

editing the DOSBox.conf in dosbox folder changes the program settings.
Hope you're getting something out of this.. 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by Guest

User metadata

FYI, I do use Linux, however I'm very new to linux. My computer specs are listed below.

MB: Abit NF7-S
RAM: 256mb
Video Card: Geforce 2 MX 200/32mb
Sound: Nforce Audio 5.1 (builtin)

More info:
I did a search for dosbox.conf and I could not find that file. I installed using the deb package file found on the site. Do you need any more info?

Thanks

Reply 4 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Anonymous wrote:

I did a search for dosbox.conf and I could not find that file.

If no config file exists, DOSBox has an internal, default config it will use. To get a config file which you can chance, you need to use the CONFIG -WRITECONF command from within DOSBox (check-out the Read-Me file mentioned in my signature).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions