VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jeff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Look when I ask questions on this forum I do not know where they should go so because I do not know what's the best solution. If it's my computer I need to use to fix a problem, Dos Box, etc, I'm not sure so I post and hope that's this is the best area. So in the future instead of just deleteing my topics please contact me and tell me where they should go or are going. Heck if you want my e-mail address you can have that too: jfranks@sc.rr.com And yes I did search for my topic by the exact title. Couildn't find it. Obviously it was deleted.

Update: Again you did it. This was in the DOS forum. You just ignored what I said above. Please inform me where my topic will be or tell me where it should go not just delete it. I guess I'll post it here. I don't know where it should go. Like I said I don't know what's the best solution. Dos Box, DOS, etc. That again is why I am unsure where this should go.

I do understand that the only way for my problem to be fixed is if it's in the right part of the forum with the people that know how to help, but like I said I don't know what's the best solution like I said above.

Trust me this should be my last question I have to ask on this forum. You guys helped even though I got mors of my help elsewhere. I came here because you guys specialize in this stuff.

Now for my hopefully last question. I saw that in the DOS Box forum the guide entitled " How to speed up DOSBox (by robertmo and mirekluza)": How to speed up DOSBox (by robertmo and mirekluza) said and I quote

(if you have black stripes at the top and the bottom of the screen go to your display driver settings and change refresh rate for these two resolutions: 320x200 and 640x400. ("60Hz" and "default" is bad so set something else: "70Hz" or "75Hz" or higher). If you have a LCD (thin) monitor, connect a CRT (normal/big) monitor for a while, change refresh settings, make sure they work correctly, and connect your LCD monitor back.)

Where do I go to get to display driver settings? And my monitor is a flat screen. Do I need to do anything different?