VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Agetian

User metadata

I've already submitted a post about two or three weeks ago saying that DOSBox 0.61 doesn't work for me because it fails to start, and someone recommended to either wait for a new version or download a CVS. The reason why DOSBox won't work was " because it has a known OpenGL issue". SO:

1. I CAN'T download a CVS binary because goddamn mypixels.dk requires some crappy authorization which NEVER WORKS (I don't know why the hell - I register and it never sends the confirmation e-mail. If I click "re-send confirmation mail", it doesn't work AGAIN).

2. Waiting for a new version doesn't seem to work too, because new versions are seemingly released very rarely.

3. Reinstalling ALL KINDS OF DRIVERS FOR MY VIDEO CARD won't work too! I don't know why! DOSBox just doesn't like them all! P.S. I have NVIDIA GeForceFX 5800.

If that OpenGL issue is such a "well-known one", why won't DOSBOX authors care about it even a little?!

- Agetian

Reply 1 of 5, by iampiti

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dosbox developers do care about their creation and I think that OpenGL problem is solved now.
Anyway there's no need to be rude. Dosbox is done by the developers in their spare time.
You can use 0.60 until 0.62 is released.

Iampiti

Reply 2 of 5, by ankut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You might not be getting a confirmation because you used a yahoo email address to register for that forum... Same thing happened to me, so I used a different email and that solved that problem.

I think someone also was offering CVS builds on their website (do a search for this post) without any registration. Try that if the email thing doesn't work out 😐

Reply 3 of 5, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@iampiti - It's 0.61 that is that lastest relase btw.

@Agetian - don't know why it isn't getting to you. I don't own the forum I just moderate it since the original guy has personal issues to deal with. Just PM me your email addy and I'll personally send you the lastest version.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.