VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anybody still have a full set of these patches for the Gravis Ultrasound?
I've searched and searched and found many many dead links. I've found 2 disks of the 5 (RAR archived) needed but of course that doesn't really help any. Although the original Distribution was in ARJ and was 6 disks I believe.

Does anybody still have these patches?
I do have the 1.50 Patch Set and 1.51 update patch and the 1.61 update patch but that's it.
I'd really like to be able to have and host the 1.60 version.

Thanks

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 1 of 13, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've got them here, all in a zip. Nowhere to put them, though; if there's no objections I could upload them here.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 2 of 13, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think you can you can use this thread to transfer them to priestlyboy. Delete them after he downloads them. I guess there is nothing illegall, but nevertheless it takes space and this is not a place for drivers.

Mirek

Reply 3 of 13, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks guys, Yeah I'd great appreciate it then I'll transfer it to a website I'm developing to cover things more in depth with DOSBox and gaming on it. Yeah, it's not exactly drivers. Just sound Patches...

Nobody has them anymore... They ain't illegal either because some guy was developing them during the time of GUS to make GUS sound 10 times better from what I understand.

Also, I knew this wasn't the place but I had no where to turn to since well who would you be able to contact? Lol, every last site that had them either in FTP or on their website is dead. I must have checked.... 30 different possible locations and only came up with a third of the pacakge.. heh.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 13, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have just noticed that DOSBox General is actually the only forum that doesn't allow me to attach files (and i think that was introduced soon after that cvs screenshots thread appeared and was never removed) 😉
(also Deep Thought and DOSBox Guides, but that is obvious)

Reply 6 of 13, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

priestlyboy: i have emailed you some time ago on mypixels but i guess you don't check your emailbox. i could email you those files which will be way faster in my opinion (vogons is already overheating 😉 )

Reply 9 of 13, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hm, must have somehow gotten eaten up in the trash, 🤣... Thanks Robert will repost when fully downloaded.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 10 of 13, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Alright Kill the thread. Thanks again Robertmo.
Not bad... Tried it on Warcraft 1. Not bad at all.
Sounds much nicer than the GUS standard Patch set.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.