VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Skye

User metadata

I don't get mount, first of all how do you do a backslash in Dosbox?

I tried :

mount g g:/games/
mount g g:
and so on but it doens't work, I need a backslash, anyone knows how to type one in dosbox? (got an azerty keyboard)

Reply 1 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

unlucky you

its mount g g:\ or mount g g:/
and mount g g:\games or mount g g:/games

you just did them the the other way around. (look at the final slash.)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 9, by MabusRaeen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You're IN the Lotus folder when you mount like that.

Lemme explain

You have:

C:\Games\Lotus

Your command is:

mount g g:/games/lotus

This turns g:/games/lotus into G: in DOSBox

So G: equals g:/games/lotus. That's why cd games doesn't work because there is no folder named games in g:/games/lotus

Do yourself a favor. Use a frontend.

Author of D-Fend, a DOSBox frontend.

D-Fend homepage.
http://members.home.nl/mabus

Reply 7 of 9, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Go here http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/ and go to o the bottom where it is entitled Advanced topics and click on Making DOSBox Easier to Use.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 9 of 9, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lol, when I made it, I didn't want to make it a heading by itself which seemed pointless.

Also The frontends are programs that puts another program as a buffer in actually understanding on how to use DOSBox but they also can simplify things. The thing is I think people can get as confused using DOSBox with a Frontend as without one.

I just made a simple decision and put it with the rest of the topics that aren't exactly specific about using *just* the DOSBox program.

Since there were so many variables to consider, I made it the first entry in Advance Topics. Since well it was fairly new when I posted it. Also, I still think it is better for a person to understand first the basics and then get lazy kind of thing.

EDIT: But I'm editing the last list of topics to make it a bit better... 😜
EDIT 2: I renamed the last topics a bit so I hope people like how it looks now. I also hope it is better understood what they are for too :p

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.