VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by zerosignal

User metadata

I've tried to play my games in full screen in Dosbox .61 but my computer freezes (P IV, 2,8GHZ laptop with 512MB RAM and a SIS videoadapter).

Is happens with all games and even on the prompt. I didn't edit settings, i just ticked the full screen option.

Does anybody knows what i must do

Reply 3 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

laptop screen are tricky try setting fullfixed=true
and set the refresh rates at reasonable values

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 5, by Alexsource

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know what the hell is going on, but suddenly the fullscreen mode is broken in 0.61 for me.
First thing that went into my little head was: "Maybe the alpha version of the direct3d biuld messed something up! I'll go to the other comp, and check if it works"
Well... it didn't
What's more, i tried running the direct3d biuld in surface mode in fullscreen and it worked fine, so i guess is sorted for the cvs.
I'm not sure... but my guess would be that some installed xp update hates dosbox 0.61 😜
I have tryed renaming the provided sdl.dll in the dosbox directory, and copying the one in the alpha build thingy, to see if it worked, bu it didn't.
I remember there was an update that corrected an incompatibility problem with older apps created by another update 😜
It may have something to do with that. This machine has both of then (the one wich created the problem, and the one suppossed to fix it)
But the other one only has the one wich creates the compatibility problem, i think...
It also can be some other windows update patch fooling around... Or my videocard drivers ...
I'll try to fall back to an earlier version.
(my system specs are detailed in the direct3d alpha topic under dosbox development section, both machines run on similiar specs, the only difference being procesor power)

chronos.jpg motoakira.jpg

Reply 5 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well microsoft supplied videocard drivers and dosbox 0.61 isn't a happy combination.
Guess who is too blame.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!