VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

eg: mount d dir1 dir2 -t cdrom and ctrl+f4 switching?

This would be very useful for multiple cd games whose data happens to be usable for other engines (eg: versailes 1685 and broken sword right now in scummvm, others i forget).

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

no you can't at the moment, but I don't see that much use for it.
Are there really games that benefit from that ? Can't you make ISO's or put all data in one big folder ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 2, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In some cases you can, with some weird side effects (riven, broken sword) but in many cases you can't, and have to duplicate files (because the game doesn't go down the hierarchy of cd 'readers' so extracting the files into the native filesystem and doing 2 mounts in dosbox is useless).

For instance i can do the 'this is a cd *and* the install dir merge trick with broken sword, but can't with RAMA or Versaills 1685 or discworld 2, World of Xeen (cd), other games i forget. The number of games in these circumstances is admittedly small, but i think they're rather important, since they're large cd games, engine re-implementations categorically refuse to add a ISO/CUE/BIN parser/reader and scummvm is adding new engines at a fast clip (and new ones are appearing like openlara).

For instance it would only take scummvm adding a 'Under a Killing Moon' engine to waste - slightly less than because or ECC - 2.3 gb in duplication if you wanted both versions running)