VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Vladimir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! I want to know if anyone found this problem and a possible situation. It has happened me before, and I have been suffering it now for a long time. I have to say that my machine has two partitions, one with Linux and the other one with freeBSD, and while having similar versions of mesa and xorg-server I only suffer this issue with Linux. And on all distros I tried! (I mention this because I remember reading long ago that it was a xorg-server bug).

The problem can be seen from the beggining of starting DosBox: When it fullscreens you can see that the mouse has not been grabbed, even if it is set to do so at the config file. If you click the pointer will disappear and DosBox will seem to work fine, up to a few seconds when the mouse will lose focus again. Keyboard input is also affected at those regular intervals (pe, if you where moving ingame to one side, the character will interrupt movement. If you where typing, it will stop...)

Back in the day I remember successfully avoiding this bug by compiling a forked SDL2 version, but this time I didn't had luck as that version of DosBox will freeze if I tried to fullscreen it. I did read googling the problem and mentions a xorg bug, but as I said this problem only happens in Linux and freeBSD with the same version works flawlessly....

Any ideas? And thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Make sure you're using a SVN of DOSBox later than 12-11-2018
http://source.dosbox.com/dosboxsvn.txt

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 2, by Vladimir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Make sure you're using a SVN of DOSBox later than 12-11-2018
http://source.dosbox.com/dosboxsvn.txt

Thank you: I already tried, and no dice. Got today's snapshot and tried with and without the ddraw and opengl flags just in case, but that doesn't seem to affect the result.