Common searches

I BOOT WINDOWS 3.1 UNDER DOSBox-0.62

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yes, just do it (I think you have rights for DOSBOX Guides forum).

I also already got tired 😀 😀 😀 today of another often occuring topic (HD images) and made a guide for that .

Just an idea: Maybe it would be also good to have in future version of DOSBOX a bigger FAQ like they have for example in Exult project in addition to README... Any volunteers... 😀

Mirek

Reply 21 of 28, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

"Yes, just do it" - damn, I had hoped that one of you would do it 😀 Actually, I was hoping that we could all do it using the DOSBox Wiki. We already have a good explanation of the imgmount command with detailed examples of how to make a bootable hard disk image. I guess I should try to incorporate the info from your latest post into that?

The FAQ is also growing. Have a look. I hope to be able to break it up into smaller pieces (like this) during the weekend, making it easier to add new Q&A to the document.

--
MiniMax - the Wiki Gnome

Reply 22 of 28, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
MiniMax wrote:

"Yes, just do it" - damn, I had hoped that one of you would do it 😀 Actually, I was hoping that we could all do it using the DOSBox Wiki. We already have a good explanation of the imgmount command with detailed examples of how to make a bootable hard disk image. I guess I should try to incorporate the info from your latest post into that?

You can use/extend anything what I wrote... As for WIKI - good idea - but I think it would be also good to have this topic in DOSBOX Guides (so that people coming here see it immediately and it is found when searching).

Well, I will have to have a look on what is in WIKI sometimes. 😀 Till now I only briefly looked there a few times. maybe I can save myself occasionaly some explaining here ...

Mirek

Reply 23 of 28, by lwc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey MiniMax, thanks for helping me give a real upgrade to the Imgmount Wiki page.

But I noticed you changed all the links for image files to z:\ (e.g. "z:\>imgmount c c.img"). Don't forget that it's impossible to hold personal files on z:. It's important to note that one must mount first and mount d: and not c: (because you want to create the hard disk image on c: later)!

Also, you gave "Example #1a" which is for mount and not for imgmount.

Reply 24 of 28, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

@lwc, you are welcome. Hope I didn't overdo it.

About the Z-thing - you are right. I wanted to examples to be as real-life as possible, including a drive prompt (e.g. Z:) instead of "...". But I see the problem of trying to mount a "c.img" file from Z: 😀

And that's the beaty of the Wiki - I make an error, some else can easily correct it.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions