VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pavel Jackoff

User metadata

hi there,
you are doing a great work with dosbox... i love it!!!
i just have one small question. is it possible, that there will ever be emulation of reelmagic cards? there are some great games, namely the horde, which need this card deperately to show there glory to the full extend. i know/think, that it will be quite a lot of work to emulate it and it's most likely not on the top of the todo-list, but may it ever happen, or do have to search ebay for it and plug an original card into my old real dosbox?

thx for all the great work,
pavel

Reply 2 of 9, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

yeh think i have some big ass review of it in some 1992 magazine. Wonder how many games actually support it and if there's any kind of docs available on it 😀

Reply 6 of 9, by oneirotekt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

An incomplete listing of supported games from this page:

Dragon's Lair, Escape From Singe's Castle
The Horde
Lord of the Rings
Return to Zork
Space Ace
Demo of Flash Traffic(?)

So with supported games, what was different VS if you didn't have this hardware? Would you get fullscreen FMV playback rather than in a tiny window?

Reply 8 of 9, by Hammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Other games that had Reelmagic versions were "Man Enough" and possibly "Police Quest 4". You can't get the standard versions of these games to run on Reelmagic. There was a special version of each game created with higher quality video that used the Reelmagic board.