VOGONS

Common searches

Dpad issues with DOSBox :(

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by jonboyuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me!

I bought this device, which is great but I'm having real trouble trying to get the Dpad operational in my games

8bitdo-sf30-pro-wireless-bluetooth-gamepad-1571976629419.jpg
It's recognised as an X-input device.

Things I've tried

• Mapping the keys using Ctrl+F1. I am able to set the keyboard arrows to the Dpad, so the mapper recognises it, but they don't work in game
  • I've tried various combinations of the dosbox.conf file, however from my reading on this forum, apparently this is what I should use:
    joysticktype=fcs
    timed=true
    autofire=false
    swap34=false
    buttonwrap=false
  • I've had a go with JoyToKey, which does work. However, in this instance I'm trying to play the game, Screamer, which is just the 4 directional buttons. On my pad, I use A & B for forward & reverse and then the Dpad for left and right. In other games, ie TombRaider, that wouldn't work so I'd have to manually switch every time I load a different game. Whereas the mapping facility in DOSBox is what I need....if it actually worked.

So I'm stuck 😒 Any ideas? Many thanks!

PS I'm using DOSBox 0.74

Reply 2 of 6, by jonboyuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote on 2020-05-26, 09:32:

Did you setup your controller in the game's setup as well?

So in the game Screamer, there is no option to set up a controller (unless I'm missing something). I believe it's automated. Incidentally, it was working with a wired USB SNES style pad which has no analogue thumb sticks.

Reply 3 of 6, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jonboyuk wrote on 2020-05-26, 10:17:

So in the game Screamer, there is no option to set up a controller (unless I'm missing something). I believe it's automated. Incidentally, it was working with a wired USB SNES style pad which has no analogue thumb sticks.

There is, or at least should be a Setup.exe, where you can configure sound, graphics and controllers.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)