VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Starfox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

i have switched from SVN Daum to Dosbox-X newest Build 0.83.12 SDL1 for Windows.

The Problem i have here is that 3dfx Emulation not working.

In Dosbox.conf i turned

glide = true

But the Game says

unable to load dll

If i copy glide2x.ovl to the game directory i get a warning

LFB not uses standard Port 600

That´s my first problem, the second on is they keyboard.

The Keyboard don´t type a _ or - if i open the mapper File and edit the /? section left from "left shift" i set the key to "-" i always get a "?-" when i type it.

Any Ideas ?

Reply 1 of 4, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For glide, did you check the dosbox-x wiki? There are several known reasons why glide pass-through may not be working.

For the keyboard, I assume your using a non-US keyboard layout? If so, try setting:

[sdl]
usescancodes=true

Or better yet, use the SDL2 build, which has proper support for non-US keyboards.

Reply 2 of 4, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As you said you use Windows, please make sure you have installed a Glide wrapper before running DOSBox-X with glide=true. You need to use the 32-bit Glide wrapper for 32-bit DOSBox-X build and 64-bit Glide wrapper for 64-bit DOSBox-X build. For example, if you use nGlide (which is a 32-bit Glide wrapper) then you should use a 32-bit DOSBox-X build instead of a 64-bit DOSBox-X build, or the Glide support simply won't work. And vice versa.

Reply 3 of 4, by Starfox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Rob thanks for this, it worked with SDL2, usescancodes=true in SDL1 don´t work.

@Wengier i have copied Openglide to Game Folder than i get this error starting the game(s)

glide.dll:Warning, using default LFB address: 0x60000000! using 92 texturepages!

If Glide2x.ovl is present at Dosbox-X directory this isn´t present in Z Drive with glide=True so i copied it to Game Folder.

I use Dosbox-X in Windows10 not Dosbox-X with Windows installed. Only for Dos-Games.

For Windows 98 Games i have PCEM installed this work fine.

Reply 4 of 4, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Starfox I understand you use DOSBox-X in Windows 10, but exactly which Glide wrapper do you use for your Windows 10? As mentioned in the wiki a Glide wrapper is required for glide=true to work. OpenGlide is mostly recommended for Linux and macOS, not Windows 10. For Windows 10, I suggest you to use either nGlide with a 32-bit DOSBox-X build or dgVoodoo2 with a 64-bit DOSBox-X.