VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by scheherazade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Joystick detection issue with Dosbox/Mapper (0.74-3 and ECE, tried both)

I have multiple USB HID based game controllers/sticks/pedals/etc.

When I use mapper, it only detects buttons/axes pressed on my Warthog throttle or my Saitek throttle quadrant.

My main flight stick (VKB gunfighter) and rudder pedals (MFG Crosswind) are undetectable.

I can't bind any buttons or axes from those controllers. The mapper just waits for input when I press buttons/move axes on those controllers.

I also tried manually editing the map file to say things like : jaxis_0_0+ "stick_3 axis 0 1". That didn't work either.

Thoughts/Ideas?

-scheherazade

Reply 1 of 1, by Pheener

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey! Sorry if I'm answering this a little late, but I saw it pop up while looking for something else.

For a lot of USB HID setups that use split sticks or devices, Dosbox (and many other applications) can only see the initial device (though I'm not sure why).

For the Thrustmaster T.16000m for instance, you have to create a TARGET profile that, when run, will combine them into one single controller. I'm not sure if/how the Saitek software will allow you to do the same.

HOWEVER! You might use a program called Joystick Gremlin in the meantime, which seems to do the same but for *all* HID devices, which sounds like exactly what you need. Since my current set up is Thrustmaster-only, I haven't really looked into it yet, but it was suggested by people running into the same issues.
https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/ Hope it helps!