VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox-x

Topic actions

First post, by Paolo_R

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know this forum is for DOSBox but I cannot find any forum to post queries about DOSBox-x. Is there one?

I'll post my issue anyway since someone may know the solution.

I am running DOSBox-x in Windows 10, screen resolution 3840 x 2160. Prior to updating to the latest version (release 0.83.15, July 1) I had been running it in 50 line mode which filled a large proportion of my screen and made it workable (after adding 50 to my autoexec in dosbox-x.conf.)

I just updated to the new release and chose the option to retain my previous settings. However on launching the app it displays in a tiny box which is almost illegible and unworkable. I can just about see the 50 echoed to the startup screen.

Can anyone help me get back to a working DOSBox-x with the large screen I had please? Thanks.

Reply 2 of 3, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Most likely your issue is that with modern DOSBox-X versions there are now directories on the Z: drive, so if you [autoexec] assumed a binary to be in the root of the Z: drive, it no longer is. Instead look in a directory such as Z:\DOS for the mode utility to set screen columns and lines.

Reply 3 of 3, by Paolo_R

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
_Rob wrote on 2021-07-13, 12:11:

Most likely your issue is that with modern DOSBox-X versions there are now directories on the Z: drive, so if you [autoexec] assumed a binary to be in the root of the Z: drive, it no longer is. Instead look in a directory such as Z:\DOS for the mode utility to set screen columns and lines.

Rob

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the directories/programs in Z:. Apart from MODE there is also 80x50.COM. I'll experiment with these.