VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by azn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I am no new to dosbox yet cannot figure this one out. I wanted to play works on my ps3 controller and had no problems with any other game - yet when it comes to Worms United i need to be able to use mouse funcionality somehow. I guess most convenient solution will be to map the mouse functions to one of the analogs, only problem - I have no idea how to do that.

I saw some tutorials using xpadder and something called antimicro but I suppose these are Windows only solutions and I am on Linux. Also, I would rather like to do it with dosbox mapping functionality only if possible. Guess i would use L1 and R2 as a mouse buttons.

Can sameone please give me some info how it is being done please?

Take a look at my YouTube channel - totally dedicated to retro shooters

Reply 1 of 5, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can try this JM10.zip "emulate mouse using joystick" http://www.lanet.lv/simtel.net/msdos/mouse-pre.html

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 5, by azn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-11-13, 15:50:

Can try this JM10.zip "emulate mouse using joystick" http://www.lanet.lv/simtel.net/msdos/mouse-pre.html

Would love to but guess the file is not there anymore, looks like the link is dead. Yet, isn't there any function like this in the dosbox itself? Or a patch or something?

Reply 3 of 5, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Whoops sorry, this archive is more reliable.. http://cd.textfiles.com/simtel/simtel0101/sim … /mouse/jm10.zip

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4 of 5, by azn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Doesn't really work for me, it see some error during joystick calibration. Anyway, I thought about another idea - as I am on linux probably the easiest way to map mouse movement to analog stick is to use program called qjoypad. I set everything up, and in system everything works ok. I mean, left analog left/right/up/down is mapped for 4 different keyboard keys and right analog is working as a mouse.

Yet in dosbox, left analog does not seem to work at all, I mean it does not react as if should for the key pressed(that are mapped to analog positions) and right analog movement - no matter how i move it - mouse cursor always instantly end in right bottom corner...

I want to clarify that currently there is no gamepad buttons mapped in dosbox itself, only in qjoypad - but i am pretty sure dosbox see all axis(ps3 controller) ad I can map any position in dosbox built in mapper - and as it will work for left analog mapped to keyboard keys, it will not work to map right analog as a mouse so I would rather like to stick to only qjoypad solution.

I've tried stable version 0.74-3 also with some kind of a patch I found here, yet it did not change anything for me, and daily I use r4365 SVN version as that is the latest version I can compile with glide patch.

Hope someone will be able to help me a bit.

Reply 5 of 5, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ah sounds like the typical mess around with USB game devices calibrating but not calibrating, which I've never been good at sorting out. Hopefully someone will be along that knows this part of DOSbox well because I just fiddle until it works.