VOGONS

Common searches

The hatred of DosBox

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 140 of 142, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Roxor wrote:

Intelligent User: "Whoops! I must have set the cycles too high and my computer can't cope with the demands."

Nope - that would be the knowledgeable / experienced user.

The intelligent user would think: "Hmmm, why is this?. Where can I learn more about this cycle-thingy? Let me try the forum search, let me see if this program came with a README file (like most programs do), let me do a little reading on my own". Only then would the intelligent user be able to make the connection between emulation, performance and cycles.

Personally I always approach tech-related problems with the view that I can not be the first person in the world to have the problem. Only big-headed egoist do that. And since I am not the only one, I hope that someone else has posted about it, and then I will be able to find an answer.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 141 of 142, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

While being amusing and clearly a good steamventing thread, I will nevertheless close this thread. Fellow mods feel free to split a part off if you wish to continue on a specific matter.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 142 of 142, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

While being amusing and clearly a good steamventing thread, I will nevertheless close this thread. Fellow mods feel free to split a part off if you wish to continue on a specific matter.

Awwwwwwww....

Spoilsport.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline