VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by yevrowl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a Tandy resident driver (TSR) that allows to use the missing SCREEN 5 and SCREEN 6 video modes in Q(uick)Basic?

÷)

Reply 3 of 8, by Plasma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm not sure about EGA emulation on an actual Tandy. I just mentioned EGA for DOSBox purposes.

I did find the GRAFIX library which is similar to what you originally wanted. It's not integrated with QB like MSHERC/Hercules support (you need to use the library functions instead of QB's native commands). But it's probably more fun than GW-BASIC.

Attachments

• Filename
    graf260.zip
    File size
    156.94 KiB
    Downloads
    45 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 5 of 8, by yevrowl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The author did a great job adding Tadny support to Q(uick)Basic. However, as I understand it, new commands have been added to draw graphics, and LINE (PSET, CIRCLE) is no longer working. Accordingly, graphics are not displayed in ordinary BASIC commands.

÷)

Reply 7 of 8, by Plasma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
yevrowl wrote on 2022-07-04, 11:52:

The author did a great job adding Tadny support to Q(uick)Basic. However, as I understand it, new commands have been added to draw graphics, and LINE (PSET, CIRCLE) is no longer working. Accordingly, graphics are not displayed in ordinary BASIC commands.

Yes, that's how it works. QB doesn't support Tandy graphics. The internal commands can't be changed with a library. You use the library functions instead.

yevrowl wrote on 2022-07-04, 14:03:

The modified driver for also did not help to display EGA or VGA (320 × 200 × 16) — https://www.brutman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=852

Why would it? That mod is for PC Jr machines to use Tandy video.

Reply 8 of 8, by yevrowl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No matter how much searched, just can't find what's the catch...
Everything works in all graphic modes, but only in Tandy the output of the Forsyth–Edwards notation does not work...

Attachments

• Filename
    chess.zip
    File size
    4.16 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

÷)