VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lubber

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to run a game in a resolution of 1200x900 pixels. However, DOSBox won't actually run the game in that resolution, and also runs cutscenes in a different resolution than menus and the main game (see screenshots here and here). Yes, the screenshots still have the window header, but not does neither run in 1200x900, and even if they did, they should at least have the same resolution.

I tried different resolutions with a 4:3 aspect ratio, different output options etc. but no luck. I've never had this issue before. How do I force DOSBox to display the game in 1200x900 (or any non-tiny 4:3 resolution, really) and not allow the game to switch its resolution?

Reply 2 of 4, by Lubber

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feda wrote on 2023-10-21, 17:05:

Why such an uncommon resolution?

It's a comfortable size for my monitor and distance I sit away from it. That said, the actual size doesn't matter. I'd take any working 4:3 resolution, provided DOSBox was able to keep the window resolution consistent, but it doesn't that for some reason. It doesn't work with common resolutions, like 640x480 or 1024x768 either.

Reply 4 of 4, by Lubber

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Azarien wrote on 2023-11-14, 15:54:

1200x900 is not a standard resolution. Try 1280x960 or 1152x864 which are the closest that are actually supported by drivers and hardware.

The specific resolution doesn't matter. The issue is that DOSBox doesn't keep the aspect ratio of the window consistent no matter what resolution I pick.