VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Staging Y drive question

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by James_Richards

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently decided I wanted to play some DOS games again, so I am working on my DOSBox setup. I am playing around with various current builds of DOSBox.
I have tried:
ECE based on .74, r4482
Staging v0.80.1

I am currently on Staging and I am liking it, so I have imported my MS-DOS 6.22 "real" files and I have gone through the steps of installing Windows 3.1 with the Sound Blaster drivers and S3 drivers. Things are looking pretty crisp and I have loaded up a couple DOS and Windows 3.1 games and things are real smooth. Since I play in full screen, I would like networking setup, so I'll be working on that soon and one of the reasons I have gone toward Staging.

Question. In the File Manager for Windows 3.11, I see the HDD icon for not only the mounted C drive, expected and the Z drive, but I am also seeing a Y drive. It only as three COMs in a DOS folder, which are already include din my own DOS folder on the C drive. Is there a way in the conf to disable this drive? Or is there some kind of thing I need to comment out of the source and try to compile my own executable? It isn't a horrible thing, just annoys my sense of orderliness.

I have trawled through the guides and read MANY pages here on the VOGONS forums. I have also looked at various Google search results for the last couple hours and can't seem to find what I am looking for. And if I were ot compile my own copy of Staging, I am not sure I would even know where tog o to disable the Y drive part.

...this could be fun...