VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by brakenwagen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I’m having this problem with dosbox, after a few minutes of gameplay randomly the mouse will just cut out and not work. Pressing CTRL-F10 does nothing. The only way to get it back is to either alt tap and alt tab back in or exit and reenter fullscreen. This not an issue with a certain game as it happens to multiple games.

Reply 1 of 3, by Rwolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Maybe some power-saving mode by windows perhaps, if it does not think you are using the device?

(I've had to turn off such things on some USB hubs that wants to turn off a single device, but cuts off other active things on the same hub)

Reply 3 of 3, by brakenwagen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I found the culprit it was all because of an external program I was using. Its called XOutput and it converts dinput, keyboard and mouse to xinput. See I had this controller that has two modes dinput and xinput. But for whatever reason the xinput mode broke and only the dinput mode was functional. This was my favorite controller and they don’t make them anymore. So to continue using the controller I started using XOutput. The moral of this story don’t have XOutput running in the background when your using dosbox.