VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by hrlfg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings!

I recently met a problem trying to install an old game: it use 3 disks to install.
I set up the first disk folder as the main directory and start the install... (mount c: x:\y\z...)
It then asks to insert disk 2 but I cannot. Nor can I mount anything else while the install is running!
Even if I may - if possible - preset disk 2's directory as a floppy drive I have no idea how to use the third disk?

Reply 1 of 4, by Tom..

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Gives an example of installing a multi-disc game :

imgmount a: "Alone In The Dark [1992] [3.5] [1 of 4].ima" "Alone In The Dark [1992] [3.5] [2 of 4].ima" "Alone In The Dark [1992] [3.5] [3 of 4].ima" "Alone In The Dark [1992] [3.5] [4 of 4].ima" -t floppy

Changing floppy disk image via shortcut CTRL - F4

Reply 2 of 4, by hrlfg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tom.. wrote on 2024-01-28, 19:20:

Gives an example of installing a multi-disc game :

imgmount a: "Alone In The Dark [1992] [3.5] [1 of 4].ima" "Alone In The Dark [1992] [3.5] [2 of 4].ima" "Alone In The Dark [1992] [3.5] [3 of 4].ima" "Alone In The Dark [1992] [3.5] [4 of 4].ima" -t floppy

Changing floppy disk image via shortcut CTRL - F4

Thanks a lot!
I managed to install many old games with this method!
Now I have Dune2, X-com 1-2 and other shinies installed and works perfectly!

There is only one game I cannot made to install => Raptor - A call of the shadows
Not the method you shared nor anything else could made it install so far. Full, registered version should it be...

I am not sure if this is legal or not:
Can anyone help me to install the game (I send the zip archive) then zip it installed and send me?
After installation the directory and it's place means nothing, thanks for DosBox's mounting procedure.

Reply 4 of 4, by hrlfg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would not be able to install this stuff.
It turned out the second disk is corrupted. It were suspicious when Total Commander took near two minutes to copy that from the old CD...
To bad, this game were one of my old favourites.

Thanks for all the help! I could now play lots of old games! Thank you!