VOGONS

Common searches

Help with shaders (EGA)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by T-Lari

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I'm kinda new with this. I want to use an EGA shader on some VGA games, but I'm not being sucessful this far. I'm not sure if it's due to my computer being very old or if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm using the DBGL frontend. First I tried to use a GLSL file I found here: Re: Vga to Ega?

I tried to load it on DOSBox-Staging. But it doesn't show anything. There's a HSLS there as well but I don't know how it works, so I tried a .fx file that comes on DOSBox-SVN-Daum. It didn't worked as well. Anyone can help me setting this on DBGL? Or show where I can find a good EGA shader file? I don't mind using any Dosbox version for that, I just want it to work 🙁

Here's my PC specs:
Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90GHz
RAM 6,00 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 Bits
DirectX 9, 10.1
- Shader model: vs_4_1, ps_4_1
OpenGL 3.1
- Driver version: 9.17.10.4229 (.dll)
Vulkan
- Not available

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the annoyance

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If your issue is with using a shader on a dosbox fork then you need to go to the website of the dosbox fork you are using and ask for help there.
Be aware you can't grab a random shader file from somewhere and expect it to work, it has to be compatible with the program.
Also be aware to defend yourself for using Windows 7 (not that you should have to) on anywhere else on the internet but vogons.

For frontend specific issues post in the DBGL thread:
DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)
Closed.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline