VOGONS

First post, by Jef

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I run Windows 3.11 (boot) or Windows 95 (also boot), none of them can detect the network card. If I select the NE 2000 compatible drivers and install them, I get an error at startup of Windows 3.11 & 95... Did I build it wrong ? When I put realnic to list, then I can see all those things in the status window whom I can choose from and I chose the right one and replaced it with list but if it displays the list, wouldn't that say that it was built successful ?

Someone once told me I needed root access to display the list but do I also need root access for just using DOSBox with the patch ? I've tested it and it didn't gave a difference. -But I would like to know if you need it just for running it...

Thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

You shoud get something like this in the status window if your choice was recognized:

Using Network interface:
rpcap://\Device\NPF_{AC482C0B-4F3B-4603-82B0-7634E8745685}
(Network adapter 'VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter '
on local host)

1+1=10

Reply 2 of 3, by Jef

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I get this (ran it as root) btw, en1 is Airport and that's what I'm using...

DOSBox version 0.72
Copyright 2002-2009 DOSBox Team, published under GNU GPL.
---
CONFIG:Loading primary settings from config file dosbox.conf
2009-01-30 20:55:37.861 dosbox[2928:a0b] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
MIDI:Opened device:coreaudio
Using Network interface:
en1
(no description)

Unable to open the interface: BIOCSRTIMEOUT: Invalid argument.

Reply 3 of 3, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

That's the MAC problem that already occurred in the other thread. A particular function is not availible on the MAC, there might be some pcap compilation flags but I didn't take a closer look.

1+1=10