VOGONS

First post, by TraxxAmigaEP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😅

Hello,

First, i am not a hardcore c++ type. I am a beginner 😅

In many games, I would like the D-Pad from my wireless XBX360 controller have as Default. The remap mechanism in the mapper sys was not the best solution. I have figured out the Joystick handle in Dosbox . Make jhat as default. The Xbox 360er Dpad must be often to reset the JOYSTICK_Move_X/JOYSTICK_Move_Y handle. Now it works. Vert/Hor. and Diagonal runs smoothly. 😀. Anlog Axes are Disabled. I didnt need them.
I played few hours Hostages/The Chaos Engine and Entity and test few Joysticks Tester. Ou.. and Tomb Raider 3dfx with my Build ....

I added in the dosbox .conf at joystick new type: "xbox360". it activate the D-Pad as Default.

I hope the code is ok for you. test it out. 😁

Reply 1 of 4, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks, I had been looking for something like this, I'll test it 😀

Reply 2 of 4, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tested it...didn't work, why? Because my pad is a wired xbox 360 controller, not a wireless one (I think) 😖
Still, great idea 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by TraxxAmigaEP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😒

Hmmm...How? It does not work. 😳

do you have set "joysticktype=xbox360". I have not A wired Controller only wireless. I will get in the next days a wired Controller.

I upped a Dosbox with Output for the D-Pad State. Look in the console that show your Controller States.

What game have you tried? At few games you have sometimes Timed= to disable.

Reply 4 of 4, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It does not work since I'm forced to use the analog stick instead of the hat.
I did set the joystick type to xbox360, otherwise, what would the point be?
I'll use the one you uploaded and set timed to off.

**Some time later - fade to black**

Ok, this one works, it seems either setting timed to false or whatever else you did worked like a charm (it does seem to pickup diagonals now, you said in your first post it didn't).
Games tested:
-Earthworm Jim 1
-Prince of Persia 1
-Commander Keen 3

Thanks a lot, I'll get a lot of mileage out of this 😀