VOGONS

CVS Builds (once a week)

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
necrolust wrote:

Was anyone able to get the OCT02 build? I'm seeing a 1k zip file.

This can also be because the .zip files in the root directory of the files.pixelz.org server is only text files, read them in your text viewer/editor. It describes to you where/how to you can download the files.

/rjpa

10 PRINT "rjpa rocks!";
20 GOTO 10

Reply 41 of 123, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Let's see how pissed rjpa gets when I do this...

CENSOR by Qbix.

Snover please. I asked rpja to only distribute it to members of his forum to ensure they get to say the disclaimer and other things like that.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 43 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

Censor direct link to CVS downloads (only for you lucky VOGONS readers!! 😉)

Please stop this immidietly, can't you take I offer this service for my member? If not, I will check upon referer!

10 PRINT "rjpa rocks!";
20 GOTO 10

Reply 44 of 123, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
rjpa wrote:

Please stop this immidietly, can't you take I offer this service for my member? If not, I will check upon referer!

Snover: I *think* what he means is that if you don't apologize and take down the link, he'll set up his server so that people who try to download his builds via links on VOGONS will be blocked.

Reply 45 of 123, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Snover please.

I asked rpja to only distribute it to members of his forum to ensure they get to say the disclaimer and other things like that.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 46 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

CENSOR by Qbix.

Snover please. I asked rpja to only distribute it to members of his forum to ensure they get to say the disclaimer and other things like that.

Thanks mate. Direct links in the feature will be disabled. Referer check is nescessery.

/rjpa

10 PRINT "rjpa rocks!";
20 GOTO 10

Reply 49 of 123, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sorry, it's really annoying to have to sign up, enter personal information, confirm your email address, and go to another link, just in order to download something so simple. Plus, people complain, which makes it more annoying.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 50 of 123, by The Khan Artist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Question: How would I go about changing the CFLAGS used to compile SDL and DOSBox? I want to see if using -march=athlon-xp will give me any sort of speed boost. Is there a way to do it through the configure script? I don't want to edit every single makefile configure generates.

Reply 51 of 123, by necrolust

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

By the way, from now on, to get the new CVS version, you'll have to enter a guarded room, jump over a pit of alligators, avoid the swinging blades, and fight a mummy to the death.
It's necessary.

paul@rvt.com

Reply 52 of 123, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Snover wrote:

Sorry, it's really annoying to have to sign up, enter personal information, confirm your email address, and go to another link, just in order to download something so simple. Plus, people complain, which makes it more annoying.

On the other hand, he's going to all the trouble of compiling new binaries from the CVS every couple of days and then hosting them on his server, so I figure signing up on his forums is the least we can do. I don't plan to hang out there much (if at all) though...

Reply 53 of 123, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
necrolust wrote:

By the way, from now on, to get the new CVS version, you'll have to enter a guarded room, jump over a pit of alligators, avoid the swinging blades, and fight a mummy to the death.
It's necessary.

That's Glidos you want then, not DOSBox 😉

Reply 55 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please stop complaining about that you need to register in order to download a daily updated CVS build. If you need to complain, do it more properly; Go to my forums, write a thread named "Complaing about DOSBox register" or something like it and let me hear your angry voice. Stop complaining here.

/rjpa

10 PRINT "rjpa rocks!";
20 GOTO 10

Reply 56 of 123, by hadding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
The Khan Artist wrote:

Question: How would I go about changing the CFLAGS used to compile SDL and DOSBox? I want to see if using -march=athlon-xp will give me any sort of speed boost. Is there a way to do it through the configure script? I don't want to edit every single makefile configure generates.

CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer" ./configure

_h

Reply 57 of 123, by HarvestMoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Love how said forum not only adds your e-mail for free to a spam list, but also provides you with a free eye test that you need to pass to register! How great is that? Unfortunately, when I looked at THIS, my eyes began to hurt:

rjsux.jpg

and therefore the registration was somewhat difficult. Upon completing it, I was informed that getting the CVS required *another* registration at another forum. Yay! I'd say something here, but it would be censored, not to mention rude, so I'd rather stop.