CVS Builds (once a week)

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 123, by taiken7

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have it working fine on my setup, but I had to manually copy the file
to either "/C/MinGW/include/SDL/", or "/local/include/SDL/" (and then restart
Msys). (I'll check my .history for anything else ...)

Reply 81 of 123, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's really mysterious. I have played around a bit with the path variable and it works excellent for SDL.dll. If I supply the path for SDL.dll ./configure runs smoothly, if I don't, it fails. Same for GL.h or others. But I can supply a bunch of paths for SDL_net.dll or .h and they never can be found. The error remains the same as posted above.

I have tried with both Dosbox 0.61 and CVS. SDL_net is version 1.2.5.

Reply 82 of 123, by Fizzban

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

SDL_net only works for me if I have both the SDL and the SDL_net headers in /MinGW/include/SDL. Having them in the include folder of MSYS doesn't seem to work.

Since SDL_net is an add-on for SDL, it is also vital that SDL_net.h is never alone in an folder but is always accompanied by the original SDL headers.

Reply 84 of 123, by Vovin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After compiling my own build from the latest CVS, i try to run the obtained 9,47MB dosbox.exe and my retarded Win98 pops up saying:

"Windows cannot run this program because it is in an invalid format"

(if i take SDL.dll or SDL_net.dll from it, it complains that they are not present, so at least it looks for them)

can anyone give me a clue on this?

Reply 87 of 123, by Bullitt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all, sorry if I'm asking anything that has been answered before, but I'm new here and this Forum software is kinda unknown for me...

Now my question: Where can I find a tarball of the latest dosbox CVS. I didn't find a tarball on the sourceforge site, or am I just blind?
thanks for your help.

Athlon XP 2800
Mandrake Linux 9.2

Reply 88 of 123, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

did you read this thread ?
if so => read again.
especially the 4th posing might be interresting for you.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 89 of 123, by Bullitt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes, sorry... i just read "compiling under windows" so I first did not read on because I don't use Windows... thanks for the hint!

Athlon XP 2800
Mandrake Linux 9.2

Reply 90 of 123, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just to let people know I've become the DosBox CVS Maintainer before the time being because RJPA has personal problems that I dunno if I should say or not.

But Just to let you know, I will keep updating the CVS Bin on a timely basis. 😀

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 91 of 123, by oneirotekt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Say, priestlyboy, I tried to log back into the mypixels forums recently and the forum seemed to have forgotten my username (oneirotekt). Any idea what happened? I don't wanna have to re-register. Here's a google cached post I made on the older forums to prove, err, something:

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:Snm4wlBZ … neirotekt&hl=en

Reply 92 of 123, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We all had to reregister when RJPA changed forum board systems and I'm not the forum maintainer. You'll have to talk to shorty who is under RJPA.
Sorry 😒 can't help ya there.. 😢

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 94 of 123, by Tharos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

under http://cvscompile.aep-emu.de you may find weekly updated binaries too (without registration) and for the ones who want to compile for themself and don't want to mess around with sourceforgecvs daily cvs-source-tars

(although the compile-guy seems to be busy with exams atm, because the last build is older than one week)