VOGONS

First post, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

EDIT: I did managed to find some information about this problem after searching for touch screens. The thread seemed to point to an issue in the SDL and how to report some locations then the thread just died. Did anyone get any farther with how to get a touchscreen to work with absolute positioning?

I have had a Samsung Q1 Ultra for a couple years now and enjoy retro gaming with dosbox on it. However I've tried again and again to the the touchscreen to function properly as a mouse 1:1. Currently what occurs is the game im running thinks the whole screen is the size of a postage stamp sized spot in the middle of the screen. Dragging it to the edge and beyond moves the mouse all over the place.

I had a couple theories about the internal scaler the display probably uses and tried to set the games to the true resolution of the screen but that didn't seem to fix it. I also tried adjusting the mouse speed in the config file, which seemed to help, but didn't completely solve my problem.

I last tried this probably a year ago so my reccolections of the things I did to try and fix this were a little foggy. I remember I even tried 3rd party touch screen software but it didnt play nice with the Q1.

So I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this problem, or has any suggestions for me to try. I can take a video of the issue and host it so you can see it if you think that would be helpful.

This Samsung would make a damn perfect RPG, ADVENTURE, STRATEGY retro gaming unit if I could figure out this touchscreen issue.