First post, by thedoctor45
This package includes a custom patched DOSBox build with Glide support as well as a native version of the OpenGLide 3Dfx API Wrapper for Intel Mac OS X 10.5 & 10.6.
I was able to implement them both into a DOSBox game wrapper which allows everyone to port hardware accelerated DOS games to OSX with little effort.
Be advised that this Wrapper was not designed for housing more than one game and does not support multiple config files! The concept is to transform a single DOS game into a standalone OSX application.
This build is based on DOSBox v0.73 with the Glide patch from gulikoza - the OpenGLide library was compiled from the latest cvs.
All required libraries are included inside the application bundle - no additional system components are necessary for running the wrapper.
The GL_EXT_packed_pixels error in OpenGLide has been fixed and the gamma correction level has been reduced a bit.
• Open the application package by right clicking on it and selecting "Show Package Contents" from the menu, then navigate to the /Contents/Resource dir
• Place your folder containing the gamefiles into this directory
• Place the included glide2x.ovl driver into the gamefolder, overwriting any existing file
• Open dosbox.conf with a Text Editor, scroll down to the end of the file and change the autoexec section accordingly to start your executable.
The next step is OPTIONAL and only recommended if you want to visually customize your Port.
• Place a custom icns file into the Resource folder
• Go into /Contents and open the info.plist file - change the Bundle name, Bundle display name, the Icon file and the bundle identifier values accordingly (recommended are PlistEdit Pro or the Property List Editor from the OSX Delevoper Tools)
Special thanks go to Dominus, gulikoza and weirdnose for thier instructions, patches and support.
If anybody wants a standard DOSBox build with Glide Support that does not store its content inside of the package let me know.
But for the few Glide based DOS games that exist, this Wrapper should be the best solution imho. For the other games the regular OSX DosBox builds should be sufficient.
Same build as below uploaded by Dominus
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm5rym7ixppzee7/DOS … _Intel.dmg?dl=1
LINK IS DOWN
I hope you find this little piece of software useful 😉