VOGONS

First post, by ixitixel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I've created a Launcher for DOSBox on MacOS X. The Launcher includes the DOSBox executable.
It's a .app file - so mac users can just drag the app to their applications folder (or to any other folder) and launch DOSBox like any other Mac app.

The file and some screenshots can be found here:
DOSBox Launcher

The archive contains the Launcher Source code for the Apple Project Builder.

If you like it, feel free to put it on your downloads section.

- Eddie

Reply 1 of 4, by Steven-J-S

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nice work.

A couple of nice-to-haves would be if the launcher remembered the directory you chose for the C drive last time, so you can just click launch right away. Also if the launcher window could go away once dosbox has been started, so that when you quit dosbox the whole app terminates, that would be nice.

I'd really like to see this put up on the dosbox.sf.net downloads page.. In my experience most Mac users don't know how to build things from source.. and they don't want to know.. plus they don't want the hassle of installing fink even if they do know how... Adding an easy to use binary like this one would improve Mac usage tremendously IMHO.

Reply 2 of 4, by ixitixel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As mentioned on the main screen of the launcher - I will add these features in the future. At the moment I do not have much time, but I hope that I can work on the launcher during the next week.

I also received a french translation - so the next version will be available in English, German(new) and French(new).

Regards,
Eddie

Reply 3 of 4, by ixitixel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've compiled a new dosbox executable from current CVS. Protected Mode Games are now working on the Mac - great work!!!!

The current CVS version does not compile on the mac - I had to remove the line:
#pragma pack()
in the cpu.h file (Line 233). After removing this line all files compile.

I updated the Launcher page and launcher with the latest cvs version.

The files can be found here:
dosbox launcher for MacOS X

Regards,
Eddie