VOGONS

SDL Based GUI

Topic actions

First post, by BigJoe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a SDL based menu in dosbox? I have started playing around with creating a menu for dosbox and wondered: if the core developers would entertain this? second if anyone would like to have something like that. It would do the same things as the other menuing front ends but it would be able to be included with the source/binaries for dosbox allowing the same gui for all OSes it is compiled on.

Joe

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sounds like a good idea for Front-ends lovers. Unfortunately, i don't use them and i would not like seeing DOSBox becoming bloated. Just keep it as a standalone product. Anyway, you should ask some of the developers or even post a poll.

Reply 2 of 3, by BigJoe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think for starters I am going to try and post it as an add-on patch you (as in anyone interested) can apply to the source. But I don't think it will get too big because I also like how small and fast dosbox currently is. I think that a small menuing system would help give dosbox some polish. I am kind of thinking of doing something similar to http://fakenes.sf.net.

I attempt to post a survey asking this question:
Would you like to see a unified GUI for dosbox?
A. Yes
B. As an addon so I can still get dosbox without it
C. I would have to compare it against the menu I currently use
D. No!

Reply 3 of 3, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BigJoe wrote:
I attempt to post a survey asking this question: Would you like to see a unified GUI for dosbox? A. Yes B. As an addon so I ca […]
Show full quote

I attempt to post a survey asking this question:
Would you like to see a unified GUI for dosbox?
A. Yes
B. As an addon so I can still get dosbox without it
C. I would have to compare it against the menu I currently use
D. No!

Do this in a new thread, creating a new POLL. This messageboard has polling features.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto