DEVICE=C:\SBPRO\DRV\CTSBPRO.SYS /UNIT=0 /BLASTER=A:220 I:5 D:1
DEVICE=C:\SBPRO\DRV\CTMMSYS.SYS

for sb16:
DEVICE=C:\SB16\DRV\CTSB16.SYS /UNIT=0 /BLASTER=A:220 I:5 D:1 H:5 /WIN95
DEVICE=c:\SB16\drv\ctmmSYS.sys

In DOSBox you will have to boot real DOS from a hard disk image
Sample usage of a harddisc image in DOSBOX

----------------------------
additionally you can use sb16 fm driver from pizza tycoon (sound.com from sound folder)
you can also copy all the sound effects from sound folder from pizza tycoon to have better sound effects. Although i noticed game crushing when exiting cause of that, but who cares about exiting 😉

Reply 25 of 43, by Gubbl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Big thanks for your help but I think i need assistance with this explanation.

Up to this point i use(d) DFend Reloaded for starting DosBox and the games in there, so I don't understand how to boot MS Dos 6.22 with DosBox.

It would be perfect if someone has a blank or MS Dos 6.22 Image for me to mount. Perhaps i can do it alone then.

I'll try the procedure in a few hours. Hope it will work. ^^

And one question: Why it doesn't work with normal DosBox booting?

Reply 26 of 43, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

one of the device drivers adds a device in dos which the driver reads.
dosbox doesn't allow/support adding such devices in its internal dos.
and no we don't have an empty 6.22 empty for you as that is illegal to share.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 28 of 43, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well if those .sys drivers create a device that they expect to accessable => nope

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 30 of 43, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

CTMMSYS.SYS creates a character device named CTMMSYS$, which the game's sound driver tries to open, and just loading it with DEVLOAD or whatever is not enough to make it work.

Reply 31 of 43, by Gubbl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Waaahhh. Sorry for PMs. 😉 I thought this is just so detailled that it is too much for this forum.

But: It works now. I did a little trick.

I created an HDD Image with VMWare Workstation and installed MS DOS 6.22 on this image with all drivers and things i need. Then i take this image, load it with isobuster and "reimaged" it to an iso file. I mounted this iso file with DosBox and booted from this mounted iso. Then i reinstalled the sounddriver for SB16 and changed the config.sys lines as robertmo said.
Restart
Still no sound, cause the sound.com needs a SET BLASTER String within autoexec.bat. The lines in config.sys are not enough.
So I added one line to autoexec.bat:
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1
Restart
Start the programme and sound is working well.

Thanks a lot for the hint of booting real dos with the gread DosBox emulation shell. 😉

And sorry for my bad english...normally i speak a little better franconian german.

Edit: Perhaps one more question.
I mount the hdd image as c: and i boot from it. How can i mount another drive to get it into this dos? I tried to mount more hdd images or folders but dos always says "invalid drive specification".
Perhaps it is possible to mound it as cdrom? CDrom driver are installed within this Dos

Reply 32 of 43, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

How can i mount another drive to get it into this dos?

You can't 🙁

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 34 of 43, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

nope. The only thing passed through when you boot from an image is the hard drive image and a/the floppy image.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 36 of 43, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

hmm, then that is new to me... I bow out 😀

Reply 37 of 43, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can't have a CD image mount stick when booting from a floppy/HDD image though because DOSBox does CD mounting via MSCDEX emulation, which goes away when booting a "real" OS.

Reply 39 of 43, by Gubbl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To get the games on the hdd. 😉 If you really take an empty image and make a partition, then you have to install dos on it. OK, you can mount disk images for that. And after that? How to install the Sound drivers when I have no disk image with them?

Ah I see, there is an extra in Defend Reloaded to create disk images from HDD folders. 😉 But it would be better if a CDROM drive could be integrated. But I think its not nessesary. You can use any other virtual PC programme to install MS Dos and take all you want to the hdd.