First post, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

i type:
imgmount d: d:\c.img -size 512,63,16,142 -fs none

but get:
Must specify drive number (0 or 3) to mount image at (0,1-fda,fdb;2,3=hda,hdb)

How to specify that number?

Reply 1 of 5, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

btw - i have already booted dos6.2 image disk and it helped a few games:
lamers works now - Directory Read Error and "Not Enough Memory" Error

Also the patrician works with mouse now. I had to use my old mouse.com from A4Tech mouse, cause ctmouse.exe resulted with no mouse in game (same efect as in pure dos)

Reply 2 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@robertmo: I guess that this is not the best topic to discuss DOSBOX image support (and I think somebody will get angry about it before long 😀 - looks like the nasty way to avoid QBIX's limitation of discussing DOSBOX CVS ), but ok:
> How to specify that number?
You put it instead of drive specification, e.g. I used this line:
imgmount 2 d:\dosbox\hd1.dsk -size 512,63,16,101 -fs none

I recommend to move this discussion (not MT-32 related - apart from the fact that DOSBOX disc image support was made the same guy as MT-32 emulator 😀 ) to different thread.

Mirek

Reply 3 of 5, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

a few more games work now:

-"The Clue" works (needed UMB and it has it now)
-"Legend of Kyrandia 1" is able to use HMA now (though it is useless i think)
-"Amberstar": it's install.exe finally detects hdd so you can set up your character
-"BattleCruiser3000ad" no longer reports FILES=30 missing
-same with "Fade to Black"
-(i suppose there should be no games reporting not enough file handles now)

Reply 4 of 5, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm sorry... I should have documented this stuff better but I've been more or less dumbfounded as to how to expose this functionality intuitively in the first place.

I plan on releasing some documentation about this new functionality. For those who have already figured it out, please, give me your feedback so I can alter the imgmount and boot interface to make it more intuitive. I very much appreciate your help!

Reply 5 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

> give me your feedback
1. I have a question: why when booting from floppy must be floppy images on mounted disc? At least for me the path in host file system seem more logical .... well, but now I realised that this enables to keep syntax the same regardless of host system, so it is probably ok. 😀

2. BOOT command has tendency to crash DOSBOX when image file does not exist. Try to start DOSBOX and use something like "BOOT nonsense" on Z: . Complete crash. It should report bug.

3. As for intuitivity: I think that showing a few real samples will be enough. But they are really necessary.

4. The documentation should contain information about which version(s) of DOS work for partitioning/formating image. E.g. MS DOS 6.22 works, but MS DOS 3.3 not.

5. As I mentioned on betaboard there are some bugs in working with images (int 21/4f).

Mirek