VOGONS

DOSBox ECE (for Windows & Linux)

Topic actions

Reply 1340 of 1347, by aha2940

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys, I'm trying to compile dosbox-ece r4456 on Fedora 34, but it's not working. Here's the log part where are the errors I am getting:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -mno-ms-bitfields -MT vga_paradise.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/vga_paradise.Tpo -c -o vga_paradise.o vga_paradise.cpp
mv -f .deps/vga_paradise.Tpo .deps/vga_paradise.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -mno-ms-bitfields -MT voodoo.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/voodoo.Tpo -c -o voodoo.o voodoo.cpp
mv -f .deps/voodoo.Tpo .deps/voodoo.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -mno-ms-bitfields -MT voodoo_emu.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/voodoo_emu.Tpo -c -o voodoo_emu.o voodoo_emu.cpp
In file included from voodoo_opengl.h:33,
from voodoo_emu.cpp:81:
voodoo_vogl.h:36:8: error: 'PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC' does not name a type; did you mean 'PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREPROC'?
36 | extern PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC glActiveTextureARB;
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREPROC
voodoo_vogl.h:37:8: error: 'PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4FARBPROC' does not name a type; did you mean 'PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4XOESPROC'?
37 | extern PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4FARBPROC glMultiTexCoord4fARB;
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4XOESPROC
voodoo_vogl.h:38:8: error: 'PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4FVARBPROC' does not name a type; did you mean 'PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4XVOESPROC'?
38 | extern PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4FVARBPROC glMultiTexCoord4fvARB;
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4XVOESPROC
make[4]: *** [Makefile:467: voodoo_emu.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/media/packages/rpm/BUILD/dosbox-ece-r4456/src/hardware'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:487: all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/media/packages/rpm/BUILD/dosbox-ece-r4456/src/hardware'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:451: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/packages/rpm/BUILD/dosbox-ece-r4456/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:396: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/packages/rpm/BUILD/dosbox-ece-r4456'
make: *** [Makefile:337: all] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.XucaDF (%build)

Not sure what's going on there. For reference, dosbox-ece r4301 (Linux source) compiles fine using the same libraries (openglide and libmt32emu) and commands.

Thanks for any help.

Reply 1341 of 1347, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Guys does DOSBox ECE work on Windows XP, was it tested there? And what about GeForce FX (5600), is it enough for its glide support? I do know that nGlide is perfectly fine with this gpu, but what about ECE one?

I just wanna use DOSBox ECE on my old laptop 😀

Sorry if it was already covered somewhere...

Reply 1342 of 1347, by hail-to-the-ryzen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The enthusiasm about the different dosbox forks reminds me of 3dfx voodoo code I have. It may work on the ECE port in addition to all the forks listed above. I think I still have the code, if so I can try to post it.

Reply 1343 of 1347, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

DOSBox-X discussion moved and locked at DOSBox-X grudgedy grudge

Please stay on topic again

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 1344 of 1347, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
vorob wrote on 2021-06-06, 21:39:

Guys does DOSBox ECE work on Windows XP, was it tested there? And what about GeForce FX (5600), is it enough for its glide support? I do know that nGlide is perfectly fine with this gpu, but what about ECE one?

I just wanna use DOSBox ECE on my old laptop 😀

Sorry if it was already covered somewhere...

I've just ran it in a Windows XP virtual machine. So at least it starts, whether everything works is probably up to you to find out 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 1346 of 1347, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Which 3Dfx emulator do you use, the internal wrapper configured in the [pci] section of the conf file or the one relying on an external wrapper in the [glide] section?

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds (without debugger) for Windows: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Enhanced Community Edition)

Reply 1347 of 1347, by OpenRift

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote on 2021-06-14, 13:14:

Which 3Dfx emulator do you use, the internal wrapper configured in the [pci] section of the conf file or the one relying on an external wrapper in the [glide] section?

I used the internal one. nGlide and dgVoodoo2 were giving me black screens.