VOGONS

First post, by JettaZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Poll: Did you find this tool useful?

• 1 vote (100%) 1 vote (100%)
  • No votes No votes

There's a great feature in winXP which I though would be great to add for DosBox.
When you search through directories with explorer you can right-click on a folder and there's an option of opening the command prompt right there in that directory without having to use any "cd" commands.
So, I decided to make one for DosBox.

The file attached is actually a registry file. I changed the extension so that no one accidentally messes up their system.
Open it up and change the following line:

@="\"D:\\Program Files\\DOSBox-0.61\\dosbox.exe\" \"%1\" \" -conf dosbox.conf\" "

Makes sure that it containes the path to your copy of dosbox.
for example, if it is located on drive "g:" under "dosbox" you would have:
@="\"G:\\dosox\\dosbox.exe\" \"%1\" \" -conf dosbox.conf\" "

The screen capture still works too. Just create a subdirectory call "snaps" (the default name) in the directory where you open up DosBox and take all the screenshots you want.
For example, if you started "game" then in windows explorer you would create a subdirectory "game/snaps".
Right clicking on the xcom folder you will get the option of opening a dosbox window here. Click on it.
The current directory contents of "game" will be under the "C:\" drive in dosbox.

Note: remember to rename the file to a ".reg" exctension and double-click on it so that it takes effect. No need to restart the machine.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited by JettaZ on 2004-06-07, 17:33. Edited 1 time in total.