I updated my post above yours and I can do ddraw with no problems running it in my builds.
It just looks.. weird in fullscreen. It's seems the graphic output sticks to the upper right corner...?
so there is like some black space to the left and bottom about an inch? wide I guess.
I don't think I can't confirm by screenshot because it happens in fullscreen and doesn't show up in window mode.
EDIT: okay, I think Direct3D broke how overlay is suppose to work because now overlay acts just like surface. D'oh.
I compared Overlay with a clean, unpatched build with a Direct3D patched build.
Also Direct3D stretches the pixels a bit to achieve the fullscreen effect so if you type EDIT for instance some of the lines aren't balanced with the rest of the word. I would appreciate for adding a blank space above and below the graphics output because that preserves the original look of the graphics. I hate distortion.
EDIT 2: Ack nevermind. I should have done a make clean and rebuilt using the two changes in the makefiles because overlay works fine now. Sorry Guli. 😅
EDIT 3: I have added to my build the patches by ih8regs, moe, toz, and Guli and I know that Guli's, toz, and moes work succesfully. I can not confirm ih8regs since I don't own a joystick. But I will see if a couple of my mates can test this out. Toz as usual with the coreswitch and timesync patch works prefectly as far as I can tell. Moe's HQ2x patch keeps getting better and more sophisticated and Guli's is neat and hopefully works for more cards if you don't mind a little extra stretching in the pixels.
I also edited the conf outputs in various places to display the ddraw, direct3d options in output and also shows all available options for the scalers.
I looked into that ISO + Wav/MP3/AFF Cue Sheet Thing by Martin Bättig and I can patch DOSBox with this but it won't compile for Windows because it uses librarys from Linux. The one i run into when compiling is LibGen and I am not a really good programmer and mostly work off of other peoples stuff to figure things out. But I know nothing about linux and its libraries so I can't do this or look into how to make it work with Windows.
EDIT 4: Gee I just can't stop reediting... anyways, Also my builds are default builds which are -i686 builds. I don't do optimized builds yet because I want to be able to support a wide base right now without having to make various builds. (Also I use a P4 to build this)
EDIT 5: Also, dir /ad /p seems to work prefectly in the new build. Thanks Qbix, now it just makes DOSBox fell more and more like the DOS I loved.
EDIT 6: I will upload these eventually but I need to rewrite some documentation here and there that I've been trying to keep up to date with everything that is going on with DOSBox. Also Direct Serial is now being built with Win32 binaries thank you Qbix for enabling it. I wondered why there was some of that in Harekiet's builds but not in mine.
And I appologize for the delay in making a new DOSBox CVS but I just had to wait. Lol, I wanted this one to be an extra special build 😀.
Helping Debug DOSBox.