VOGONS

First post, by bthiry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello,

running some programs developped for DOS on Windows 7 in DOSBOX 7.4 I noticed that
dosbox does not recognize the sort order parameter sent of the DIR command. Dosbox returns
'ILLEGAL' then my program crashes...
for example sendind the following parameter to the dir command is not recognized :
DIR /O-d

Any chance to have this fixed ?

best regards,

Benoît

Reply 2 of 9, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mrau wrote:

your syntax is wrong, not sure thats the solution though

The syntax looks right to me. /OD would sort by date, /O-D would reverse sort by date.

But yeah, DOSBox does not support most of the MS-DOS options of DIR.

Reply 3 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It could be added, but it is not very high priority feature to add at the moment. It's not very difficult to add.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 9, by bthiry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

if it is not very difficult to add, I would really appreciate if you could implement it!

I confirm the syntax is as described by "realnc"

Anyway, thank you for making this program available, it's really a great tool!

Benoît

Reply 6 of 9, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ripsaw8080 wrote:

Use the 4DOS, Luke.

+1

What he means is that you can run the 4DOS.COM command interpreter from inside DOSBOX, and then you get the standard command switches.

Actually you can even run COMMAND.COM and DIR /O works fine; however, I don't know what can break if suddenly DOSBOX does not implement all the internals of MS-DOS the way COMMAND.COM expects...

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 8 of 9, by bthiry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I tried launching 4DOS.COM from inside DOSBOX. It works indeed and the dir command
works fine, but unfortunately when 4DOS is loaded, my program looses all its graphic capabilities...

Benoît