VOGONS

Black screen and freezing in macOS

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'm thinking of how to do that automatically. The SDL2 patch refuses to apply cleanly, but I'll give it a try.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 21 of 22, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

see in my signature, I've now an up to date SVN built and I'll try to get that going. Any change to the SVN might just break the patch and that means I'll need to adjust. Thus the SDL2 snapshot might not be always current. But at least close to it.
It uses a new config (DOSBox SDL2 Preferences) and has the output Texture instead of overlay, also a vsync option and a renderer option. Beware, do not use renderer Metal (or auto) with the output texture -> output is distorted (the prompt is black). But output OpenGl is the fastest anyway 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 22 of 22, by almeath

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That is really great, thanks for investing the time to set that up. I hope that it will get easier to apply the SDL2 patch in the future, so that it is not too much trouble for you to maintain it.

DOSBox SVN for macOS (x86-64) - customized with Munt MT-32, Nuked OPL3, 3dfx Voodoo, Extra RAM, Large HD, and more.
https://github.com/almeath/DOSBox-SVN-64-bit-for-macOS